Natural ways to get Rid of the Dark Lips
So every lady loves soft pink lips, don’t you all?
Healthy soft pink lips beautifies your smile and amplifies a woman’s beauty. Dark lips on the other hand brings discomfort and sometime low self-esteem.
Dark lips aka pigmentation of the lips can be caused by excess tea or coffee intake, excessive smoking, use of low quality cosmetics, allergic reaction, excessive exposure to sunlight and hormonal imbalances and many more.
To lighten up your lips effectively there are natural home remedies you can follow. The period it takes for these remedies to work vary, so use them all long as you want to enable you get the desired results.
- Cucumber: apply cucumber juice on your lips gently so it will absorb the juice. Do this for five minutes every day.
- Coconut oil and Almond oil: mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal quantity. Apply a coat of this on the lips and leave on overnight.
- Honey and Lemon juice: mix equal amount of honey and lemon juice to make a lip serum. Citrus extracts helps in removal of pigmentation and honey nourishes to add pink colour to the lips. Coat lips with the serum and leave for an hour before wiping with a wet cloth. This process can be done as many times as possible. The serum can be refrigerated and used for a week.
- Castor oil and Glycerin: mix ½ tsp of castor oil and ½ tsp of glycerin. Apply a coat of this on your lips and leave on overnight.
- Lemon juice: squeeze a lemon and massage the juice on your lips before going to bed. Follow this simple remedy daily for one to two months.
- Honey, Glycerin and Lemon juice: mix all the ingredients and apply it on your lips. It will help lighten your dark lips.
- Reduce frequent lipstick, use lip gloss instead.
- Avoid smoking.