Uhmmm…. Nothing is useless. Did you know the peels/skin of some fruits hold some of the most powerful nutrients in the world? There are many uses (medicinal and practical) of the banana peel which isn’t known to all. So before throwing out the banana peel, you might want to consider.
Remember that for best results use fresh bananas.
Useful uses of the banana peel
A banana peel is the outer covering of the banana. They are full of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, so they can naturally cure many ailments and can aid cell regeneration. Here are just a few uses you will want to know.
1. Bug Bites and bruises; Just rub a banana peel on a bug bite/ bruise to soothe the skin and reduce the itch. With regenerative properties, banana peel can speed up the healing of bruises.
2. Teeth Whitening; Rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth for a couple of minutes every other day, and your teeth could be noticeably whiter in a few weeks.
3. Acne and Pimples; This can soothe the inflammation and irritation of acne. It also helps to prevent future outbreaks. Rub a peel over the acne every night. You should see a positive change within a few days.
4. Headaches: Simply take the peel and spread it out across your forehead and relax while the nutrients are absorbed into your skin. This will gradually ease the pain. A mixture of vegetable oil mixed with banana peel also helps in pain relief.
5. UV Protection:It helps to protect the eyes from harmful UV rays. Make sure you leave the peel under the sun before rubbing the banana peel on your eyes. It is also proven to reduce the risk of cataracts
Try it out folks and please give feedbacks via your comments! Thank you. Xoxo.